Staying current on tax, form, software and e-service changes is critical to the success of your tax practice. Only Cantax seminars can provide you with all the essential information you need in a single session!
Our full-day virtual seminar will present the numerous tax and form changes for 2020 T1’s and will also include the tax and form changes for Cantax T2. Plus, show you how these changes are being implemented in Cantax. We’ll discuss important software enhancements, review CRA e-services, and delve into some Best Practices with respect to tax compliance.
Seminar Topics include:
- T1 - Tax & Form Updates – We will cover all the essential tax and form changes for the filing of 2020 personal income tax returns.
- Summary of Government Incentives and their Impact – We will discuss the CERB and CEWS funding along with their tax implications.
- Spotlight on Special T1 Tax Situations – Each year we feature special tax situations as an in-seminar workshop!
- T2 - Tax & Form Updates – The filing of Corporate Income Tax returns never stops. We will include your Fall 2020 Tax and Form Update to ensure you are up to date with the preparing and handling of T2 returns! With topics including:
- Summary of Tax Rate Changes Federal and Provincial
- Review of Specific Form Changes
- Spotlight on Special T2 Tax Situations – Each year we feature special tax situations as a discussion point workshop! We will have more details to follow!
- CRA Topics:
- CRA Service Improvements
- CRA IVR Telephone System Navigation Shortcuts
- CRA Folios Project Update
- CRA Audit Efforts in the Real Estate Sector
- Access to Tax Accrual Working Papers
- Voluntary Disclosure
Many topics will be discussed based on recent court decisions and the CRA interpretation thereof. Plus up to the minute events at the CRA!
- FormMaster Quick Update – We will review the recent interface changes to your FormMaster program.
Save the date! More Seminar Content to Follow!
Sue Deakin, CPA, CA, MAcc
Sue is a Professor of Accounting, specializing in tax and auditing, in the Lawrence Kinlin School of Business at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario. She earned her undergraduate degree and MAcc from the University of Waterloo and her CPA designation thereafter. She completed her co-op education with Arthur Andersen & Co in Toronto and continued to work at AA& Co. in Taxation upon graduation. She then worked for 15 years as VP Finance in a property management company before pursuing a teaching career. As coordinator of the Accounting programs at Fanshawe, Sue led the development of the Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and the graduate certificate in Professional Accounting.
Senior Consultant, Tax Compliance Events Wolters Kluwer
Gerry has a long tenure in the tax compliance industry with Taxprep and Cantax in various capacities. He enjoys getting out to see new and current customers when he can and spends 1/3 of his days on the road coordinating our training seminars. He is the ultimate road warrior dog! With a true passion for servicing our customers through his high touch approach, he genuinely does care about the learner experience. Gerry and our tax compliance team dedicate themselves to executing on delivering great customer experiences every day.