Cantax Tax Update Seminar Tour - Webinar On Demand
Staying current on tax, form, software and e-service changes is critical to the success of your tax practice. Only Cantax seminars can provide you with all the essential information you need in a single session!
Our full-day seminar will not only present the numerous tax and form changes for T1’s, including the redesigned 2019 T1 return, as well as the T2 tax and form changes, but we’ll also show you how these changes are being implemented in Cantax. We’ll discuss important software enhancements, review CRA e-services, and delve into some Best Practices with respect to tax compliance. This year’s seminar will have a refreshed approach and will be presented by Sue Deakin, CPA, CA, MAcc.
Experience the productivity-boosting power of this full-day tax update seminar!
Seminar Topics include:
- T1 - Tax & Form Updates – We will cover all the essential tax and form changes for the filing of 2019 personal income tax returns (including the removal of Schedule 1 as part of the redesigned T1!)
- Summary of Individual Tax Rates, Credits and Calculations
- Spotlight on Special T1 Tax Situations – Each year we feature special tax situations as an in-seminar workshop. This year includes:
- Stock Options
- Employee Benefits (eg. regular place of employment and personal travel, employee discounts, private health services plans, .... just to name a few!)
- Amounts Paid in Error
- Employee Deductions (meals, home office, automobile limits......)
- T2 - Tax & Form Updates – The filing of Corporate Income Tax returns never stops. We will include your Fall 2019 Tax and Form Update to ensure you are up to date with the preparing and handling of T2 returns.
- Summary of Corporate Tax Rates, Credits and Calculations
- Spotlight on Special T2 Tax Situations – Each year we feature special tax situations as an in-seminar workshop. This year includes:
- Tax on Split Income – Income Sprinkling and Tax on Split Income – revisit what you need to know
- First Year Application of Passive Investment Income Rules
- RDTOH – explore the new rules
- Small Business Deduction and the new rules
- Amending Assignments of the Small Business Limit
- CRA Topics:
- CRA Service Improvements
- CRA IVR Telephone System Navigation Shortcuts
- CRA Folios Project Update
- CRA Audit Efforts in the Real Estate Sector
- Access to Tax Accrual Working Papers
- Voluntary Disclosure
- Statute-barred Refunds
- Practice Pitfalls
Many topics will be discussed based on recent court decisions and the CRA interpretation thereof.
- FormMaster Quick Update – We will review the recent interface changes to your FormMaster program.
- iFirm Cantax – We will include a brief overview of iFirm Cantax is!
- Submit a Question – Want something discussed of concern to you? Send us a question ahead of time. We will collect them and address them in the seminar! Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our trainers are knowledgeable, experienced and encourage in-class participation. You will be given practical Scenarios and Case Studies in many areas as a discussion points for the class.
|Format||Webinar on demand|