Understanding the Taxation of Partnerships, 7th Edition
Understanding the Taxation of Partnerships is the only publication in Canada that provides a comprehensive analysis of tax issues affecting one of the most common forms of business organization. This publication provides in-depth analysis of the tax issues that must be considered when a partnership is used as a business or investment vehicle. There have been significant developments in the law and administrative practice since the last edition was published. The book has been updated to include:
- Changes in Canadian domestic law and international tax developments that have affected the use of partnerships in cross-border planning;
- The partnership anti-deferral rules;
- Amendments to certain anti-avoidance provisions and introduction of new anti-avoidance rules to address the use of partnerships in certain circumstances;
- Changes in the law that have affected planning by members of professional partnerships;
- Recent court cases and administrative developments that have implications for partnerships.
Other topics covered include:
- How partnerships differ from joint ventures and other entities;
- Computation of partnership income;
- The "at-risk" rules;
- Transfers of property to and from partnerships, and other reorganizations involving partnerships.
Elizabeth Johnson LLB, LLM
Elizabeth is a partner in the Toronto office of PwC Law LLP, a law firm affiliated with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, and a partner in the PwC Canadian tax consulting practice. Her practice covers a wide range of business income tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, international tax, and corporate financing and reorganizations. Elizabeth co-authored the 5th and 6th editions of Understanding the Taxation of Partnerships.
Geneviève C. Lille BCL, LLB, LLM
Geneviève is a senior associate in the Toronto office of PwC Law LLP. Her practice focuses on corporate tax, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing and reorganizations, and cross-border transactions. She is a member of PwC's tax dispute resolution group and in that role regularly assists clients in their dealings with the federal and provincial tax authorities. Geneviève co-authored the 6th edition of Understanding the Taxation of Partnerships.
|Format||Book, IntelliConnect, eBook|