U.S. Master GAAP Guide (2018)
U.S. Master GAAP Guide helps accountants solve many complex accounting and disclosure problems.
Authors: Richard H. Gesseck and Lawrence Gramling
Helps accountants solve many complex accounting and disclosure problems. Superior technical analysis and practical explanations of accounting principles are provided in this insightful volume. The Guide uses a helpful three-step approach for each topic covered. First, flowcharts illustrate the decision process and accounting procedures. Then, general discussion of the major provisions provides a context for understanding; and, finally, detailed examples show the specific computations and accounting requirements.
This one comprehensive volume provides you with new insights into, and practical understanding of, the standards that constitute U.S. GAAP. To reflect the structure of the FASB's Accounting Standards Codification (ASC), the U.S.Master GAAP Guide is organized into nine chapters that correspond to the areas of the ASC.
- Topically arranged to follow the FASB's Accounting StandardsCodification (ASC).
- Three-level approach to explanation and analysis, including flowcharts, general discussion, and detailed examples, makes the official pronouncements easy to understand.
- Serves as a working guide so practitioners can find solutions to complex practice problems quickly.
- Helps prepare CPA Exam candidates for the GAAP pronouncements portion of the Exam.
- Enables clear understanding of the accounting requirements of the pronouncements.
- General principles
- Broad transactions
- Conceptual framework
- Accounting Standards Updates
- Exposure Drafts
- How to cross-reference the Codification and pre-Codification standards
- Present value factors
6" x 9"