Tips, Tricks and Traps of Domestic Corporate Tax Compliance
Webinar has covered an update and refresher on your corporate tax compliance knowledge.
Are you looking for an update and refresher on your corporate tax compliance knowledge? Look no further - this webinar has you covered!
Join Gavin Friedley of BDO for a thorough overview and update of the many things that are encountered in a typical T2 compliance season. What are the key schedules to remember to complete? What's new? Interaction between different taxes and exemptions. What is CRA looking at lately?
More specifically, topics covered will include:
Commonly missed compliance items
- Elections: What constitutes the filing of an election?
- What is included in an e-filed tax return?
- Forgotten schedules
- Dispositions by a non-resident
- Foreign disclosures and withholdings
- Association traps
Update on new reporting requirements and changes
- Specified corporate income
- Class 14.1 conversion
- Section 55 deemed gain reporting
- Partnership exemptions
- Changes to foreign reporting schedules
- Transition from small to large corporation reporting
- Capital Dividend Account inclusions and timing
- Part IV and refundable Part I tax
- Section 55 complications
Tax compliance in the new era of CRA scrutiny
- CRA budget increases
- New CRA audit methodology and focus
- CRA "Centres of expertisesystem
- Common queries in 2017
This webinar will be of most interest to accountants and tax practitioners operating in small to medium sized firms.
Webinar Length: 2 hours
Professional Development Credits
Wolters Kluwer Canada professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
This webinar is being presented by Gavin Friedley, CPA, CA of BDO.
Gavin has ten years of experience with BDO, specializing in tax since 2009. His focus is on Canadian tax planning and compliance for medium to large sized businesses, including corporate, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, and personal tax planning and compliance. He completed the CICA In-Depth tax course in 2010.
Professional Designations & Education
- Bachelor of Management, University of Lethbridge (2006)
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta (2009)
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course (2010)
- CPA Advanced Corporate Reorganizations course (2015)
- Chartered Professional Accountants Canada
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation
|Format||Webinar on demand|