Register Before November 1st & Save $20
The COVID-19 pandemic has also resulted in many working from home as businesses locked down their plants, offices, and other business premises.
In this webinar, we will also discuss issues relating to claiming home office expenses including:
- Eligibility for claiming home office expenses and CRA guidelines
- Which expenses are deductible and which expenses are considered personal in nature
- Supporting documents required to claim home office expenses
- Revised T2200 requirements for 2020
More specifically, topics will include but not restricted to
- The eligibility and application process for the various benefits that are available.
- How to retroactively apply for benefits.
- How (and when) to repay benefits.
- The taxation of COVID-19 benefits
- The impact of various COVID-19 benefits on earned income and eligibility for other tax credits and benefits.
- How to calculate the claw back for the Canada Recovery Benefit.
This webinar will be of most relevance to accountants, tax practitioners and lawyers, and will also be valuable to other members of the private client services and estate planning industry, including investment and financial advisors.
Professional Development Credits
Wolters Kluwer Canadian professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
Registrations for each Live Webinar are available until the start of each program. We reserve the right to substitute speakers in the case of instructor illness. In the event that we must cancel a Live Webinar, all registrants will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to either transfer their registration to another Live Webinar or a Recorded Webinar or obtain a refund. For all Live Webinars that are recorded, participants will have access to the recording for three months following the Live Webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the Live Webinar. Credit will not be awarded if an attendee does not answer all of the polling questions (where applicable). Additional credit will not be awarded due to the instructor presenting over the allotted time.
This Webinar Includes:
- 30 days to review the webinar recording
- Print version of the presentation slides
This webinar is being presented by Sue Deakin, CPA, CA, MAcc:
Sue is a Professor of Accounting, specializing in tax and auditing, in the Lawrence Kinlin School of Business at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario. She earned her undergraduate degree and MAcc from the University of Waterloo and her CPA designation thereafter. She completed her co-op education with Arthur Andersen & Co in Toronto and continued to work at AA& Co. in Taxation upon graduation. She then worked for 15 years as VP Finance in a property management company before pursuing a teaching career. As coordinator of the Accounting programs at Fanshawe, Sue led the development of the Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and the graduate certificate in Professional Accounting.