This two-part virtual seminar will cover a variety of Corporate Tax and Taxprep Software topics to ensure you are up to date! Our panel of tax and software experts will present the information you need as well as reviewing your questions in the Q&A Panel!
This is a two-day webinar, when you register below you will receive access to both days of the event automatically.
Register by October 30th & SAVE $24
December 1st - 12-3pm EST
December 2nd - 12-3pm EST
Agenda Outline: (Note – if new topics arise, we will update the agenda)
Corporate Tax & Form Updates for Federal & Provincial forms. Some examples:
- New form CO-737.18.CI (deduction for the commercialization of innovations)
- New form CO-17.CE (Online Commercial Activities of a Corporation)
- Other New Federal & Provincial forms per your Release Notes
- Possibility to attach a document with the Efile transmission of the T106, T1134 and T1135 forms
- Electronic signature indicator on the T183 Corp (same as what was done in T1 form T183)
- Discussion about the Calculations related to the Immediate Expensing Measure allowing for a deduction of up to $1.5 million for a Canadian-controlled Private Corporations (CCPC)
- Current developments in the corporate tax landscape including the status of Federal Budget 2021 given the new government mandate
- Overview of Shareholder benefits under Section 15 and temperature of current CRA audits and court decisions
- Schedule 50 CRA reviews and the Small Business Deduction considerations for our clients
- Owner-manager compensation issues with the new Passive Income and RDTOH regime
- Review of other recently enacted legislation and discussion of potential legislation.
Covid-19 Update for Businesses including:
- Advising your corporate clientele how to assess any remaining subsidies and,
- How to best support your customers when the CRA Audits appear
Filing Deadlines Review – ensure you know your deadlines
T2-AFR Review – getting the most out of the CRA Download
Join our Live Q&A Forum! – during the webinar and at the end you’ll have a chance to consult with our expert presenters.
Can’t make the date of the live session? A recorded version of this virtual seminar will be available for purchase approximately 4 weeks after the original airing.
This webinar will be of most interest to all professionals that provide corporate tax services to individuals including accountants, tax professionals, lawyers and financial planners.
Professional Development Credits:
Wolters Kluwer professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
Registrations for each Live Webinar are available until the start of each program. We reserve the right to substitute speakers in the case of instructor illness. In the event that we must cancel a Live Webinar, all registrants will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to either transfer their registration to another Live Webinar or a Recorded Webinar or obtain a refund. Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the Live Webinar. Credit will not be awarded if an attendee does not answer all of the polling questions (where applicable). Additional credit will not be awarded due to the instructor presenting over the allotted time.
This Webinar/Virtual Seminar Includes:
- PDF version of the presentation slides
This webinar is being presented by Ian DiNovo, CPA, CGA
Canadian Tax Academy - SBC Knowledge Systems Inc
Tax Software Consultant – Wolters Kluwer Canada
Ian DiNovo has been in involved in accounting & public practice for over 20 years, where he has consulted with hundreds of businesses and prepared thousands of Canadian personal and corporate tax returns.
Canadian Tax Academy
(https://www.canadiantaxcourses.com) is a unique and innovative learning enterprise dedicated to passing his knowledge and experience to Canadians through online tutorials and courses. Through various learning platforms, he delivers comprehensive and top-notch courses in the areas of Canadian tax and small business startup.