Taxation of Cannabis in Canada
Taxation of Cannabis is the only resource for professionals in Canada that is solely focused on tax issues relating to cannabis.
Sales of cannabis for recreational purposes will be legal in October 2018 and the market is growing quickly. Are you prepared to advise your clients on this new topic?
The only resource for professionals in Canada that is solely focused on tax issues relating to cannabis, Taxation of Cannabis is designed for:
- Advisors of corporations or individuals who are growers, distributors, resellers, or purchasers of all types of cannabis products; and
- Administrative and licensing bodies involved with the cannabis taxation framework.
Overview of the federal framework for the taxation of cannabis, including
- How it is intended to work
- Application to different types of cannabis (seeds, consumables, etc.)
- Similarities and differences compared to how other consumables are taxed across Canada (such as alcohol and tobacco)
- Application of income tax and commodity tax to different groups, such as growers, distributors, resellers, and purchasers
Different types of uses - medicinal vs. recreational - what you need to know
How the tax will be administered federally
- Guidance on how each province is administering tax under the cannabis framework
Guidance from other jurisdictions
- Selected US States
- European countries
Also includes pertinent federal and provincial government documents for convenience.
|Allow Standing Orders||No|