Tax Planning For Small Business Guide
Tax Planning For Small Business Guide discusses tax issues for various stages of the small business lifecycle and provides valuable insights and tips for delivering the best solutions to your clients.
Valuable insights and tips for strategic tax planning
With authoritative advice from some of the leading experts in the industry, this focused resource gives you quick answers to questions that commonly arise when developing tax strategies for owner‐managers of privately held corporations and small businesses.
It discusses tax issues for various stages of the small business lifecycle and provides valuable insights and tips for delivering the best solutions to your clients. Designed as an all‐in‐one small business resource, it also includes information relating to federal income tax, GST/HST and provincial tax.
Topics covered include:
- Incorporation and basic corporate tax planning
- Distributions to owner‐managers (salaries and bonuses)
- Income splitting through an incorporated business
- Small business deduction for qualifying businesses
- Retirement compensation arrangements (stock options)
- Employee equity participation
- Business deductions and tax incentives
- Capital cost allowance (depreciation)
- Purchase and sale of a business
- Capital gains exemption
- Provincial commodity tax
- Small Business Times newsletter
- News Tracker brings you up‐to‐the‐minute information on the latest tax developments. You choose the topic and how frequently you want to be updated.
- CRA documents on income tax and GST/HST
- Activity logs help you keep track of time spent on research
- Free training and technical support
Wolters Kluwer CCH research subscriptions deliver the most timely, relevant and reliable tax information and commentary to Canada's tax professionals, significantly reducing research time.