State Responses to Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Publication provides quick answers to the most often asked questions about the state, corporate and personal income tax.
A new and indispensable resource for professionals who work with multiple state tax jurisdictions in the post-Tax Cuts and Jobs Act tax world. This publication provides quick answers to the most often asked questions about the state, corporate and personal income tax responses to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) enacted at the end of 2017 made many significant changes to the Internal Revenue Code. In reaction to the changes, states are taking the following actions:
- Proposing or enacting new legislation
- Adopting the new rules or regulations
- Issuing statements or guidance on the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Updating Internal Revenue Code conformity
- Viewing the enactment of the Act as an opportunity to reform their income tax codes
Business taxpayers and their advisors must understand the traps, pitfalls, and opportunities in the state and corporate tax arena - before the inevitable state corporate income tax audit becomes a reality.
February 22, 2019