Auditors and accountants are continually being held to a higher standard of care by regulators and the public. Given our attestation role, our independence and objectivity are paramount, but it’s also the first thing to be called into question after an audit failure. The recent focus on audit quality and the new proposed Quality Management Standard have led to a renewed focus on auditor independence standards and ethics.
Register by Sept. 3 & SAVE $20
This course will examine:
· The importance of ethics and independence in building client trust and relationships
· Review of key independence standards in the CPA Code of Conduct
· Case study examples of ethical or independence threats that can arise in assurance engagements
· Impact of assessing and maintaining independence in assurance engagements.
Key learning outcomes will be:
· Review of key independence standards that may impact client relationships
· Reaffirm the importance of firm safeguards when assessing independence and potential breaches within a firm’s system of quality control.
Accountants and auditors performing assurance and related services, but also relevant for tax practitioners who will now also be subject to the new quality control standards under CSQM 1.
Duration: 120 Minutes
Professional Development Credits:
Wolters Kluwer professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
Registrations for each Live Webinar are available until the start of each program. We reserve the right to substitute speakers in the case of instructor illness. In the event that we must cancel a Live Webinar, all registrants will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to either transfer their registration to another Live Webinar or a Recorded Webinar or obtain a refund. Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the Live Webinar. Credit will not be awarded if an attendee does not answer all of the polling questions (where applicable). Additional credit will not be awarded due to the instructor presenting over the allotted time.
This Webinar/Virtual Seminar Includes:
- Print version of the presentation slides
- Professional Development certificate
Marcus A. Guenther, CPA, CA, MBA
Marcus Guenther is a partner in FocusHGK LLP, which provides quality assurance, monitoring, EQCR and other consulting services.
Marcus an accomplished trainer in accounting and auditing, author and consultant. In particular he:
- assists many accounting firms in monitoring their quality control systems,
- authors and presents training courses on accounting and auditing topics, and
- assists with interpreting and applying professional standards on complex accounting and auditing issues.
Marcus has prepared and presented many accounting and assurance courses for CPA Canada, CPA Ontario, commercial training firms and individual firms over the years.
He was the co-author of the CPA Professional Engagement Guide (PEG) and the Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) and has authored other technical publications.