Controller’s Handbook, 2nd Edition
Controller's Handbook focuses on practical ways to meet the many challenges faced by controllers and financial managers in small and medium-sized companies.
Controller's Handbook focuses on practical ways to meet the many challenges faced by controllers and financial managers in small and medium-sized companies and provides guidance to ensure sound financial controllership. It uses the Plan, Do, Check and Act (PDCA) management model to effectively deploy organizational resources to achieve planned outcomes. Also provided are checklists to help controllers focus on implementing key tools.
- Planning management
- Core accounting process management
- Reporting and information management
- People and relationship management
- Special situations
- Expanded material on ethics, corporate governance, and internal controls
- Improved and additional checklists, useful forms, insightful tips, and situation summaries
- Updated appendices on further reading and references
Table of Contents (subject to modification)
- Planning: developing plans and strategies
- Execution: developing and managing effective processes
- Relationship management: building the networks for success
- Checking: building a performance-measurement system
- Using fact-based decision making to take action
- Special situations
- Appendices and templates
About the Author
Nick Shepherd, FCMC, CGA, FCCA, has more than 40 years of business experience. Since 1989, he has run his own management consulting and professional development company, EduVision Inc., which provides management consulting and development services to public and private sector organizations.
A fellow of the Institute of Certified Management Consultants of Ontario (Honour Roll), and past president of the Institute, Nick is past chair of the National Certification Committee for all Institutes of Management Consulting across Canada and is also past chair of the Professional Standards Committee of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes. He has been a Certified General Accountant for over 25 years, and is a fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (UK), a senior member of the American Society for Quality, and past chair of the Quality Costs Committee of the Management Quality Division. He is also a member of Mensa Canada.
Nick is a well-known professional development facilitator, and teaches both the three-day Essentials of Controllership program and the two-day Decision Making and Costing for Controllers advanced program. He also presents many professional development workshops across Canada annually. In 2006, he received the President's Award for Education from the Certified General Accountants Association of British Columbia.
|Publication Date||Oct 21, 2008|