Canadian Real Estate Income Tax Guide
Canadian Real Estate Income Tax Guide comprehensive treatment of real estate tax will help you to gain a thorough understanding and includes reliable commentary.
Easy-to-read analysis of real estate income taxation with expert commentary
If you are a legal or accounting professional involved with the acquisition, holding, development, leasing or disposition of real estate, you'll find the Canadian Real Estate Income Tax Guide the definitive tax tool. Well organized, well presented, and well written, the guide's comprehensive treatment of real estate tax will help you to gain a thorough understanding and includes reliable commentary by tax specialist Ian MacInnis you can use to reinforce your point when advising clients.
The internet version is updated quarterly.
- Analyses of developments in case law, legislations, and the administrative practices of the CRA
- Relevant CRA documentation, where applicable
- Time-saving tax planning tips at the end of each chapter
- Purchase and sale of real estate
- Other dispositions of real estate
- Real estate as capital property
- Depreciable property and capital cost allowance
- Holding real estate for the production of rental income
- Real estate financing and real estate leasing
- Real estate investment structures and syndications
- Real estate development
- Reorganizations of real estate holdings
- Principal residence
- Tax consequences of failed real estate ventures
- Non-residents and Canadian real estate
- Canadian investment in foreign real estate
- Real estate and the GST/HST
- Canadian Real Estate Income Tax Guide newsletter
- Free training and technical support
Wolters Kluwer CCH research subscriptions deliver the most timely, relevant and reliable tax information and commentary to Canada's tax professionals, significantly reducing research time.