Join Tina Tehranchian of Assante Capital Management Ltd. for a practical analysis of the complexities of business succession planning. This webinar will explore the alternatives available to business owners to minimize tax on business and value growth, as well as offering some methods of passing wealth on to family or charity.
More specifically, topics covered will include:
- The unique challenges faced by business owners
- Tax effective investment strategies for holding companies
- The tax advantages of corporate class funds for corporations
- The best methods of funding shareholder agreements
- Using life insurance to minimize passive income and grow assets on a tax deferred basis
- Using Personal Pension Plans to pass on wealth to the next generation, have a fully creditor proof source of retirement income, and save significantly more than possible with RRSPs.
- Tax smart giving strategies to maximize the impact of charitable donations by business owners
This webinar will be of most interest to tax practitioners & accountants, practicing independently or in small to medium sized firms, as well as financial advisors with an advanced level of understanding of topics related to business owners.
Professional Development Credits
Wolters Kluwer professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
Registrations for each Live Webinar are available until the start of each program. We reserve the right to substitute speakers in the case of instructor illness. In the event that we must cancel a Live Webinar, all registrants will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to either transfer their registration to another Live Webinar or a Recorded Webinar or obtain a refund. For all Live Webinars that are recorded, participants will have access to the recording for three months following the Live Webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the Live Webinar. Credit will not be awarded if an attendee does not answer all of the polling questions (where applicable). Additional credit will not be awarded due to the instructor presenting over the allotted time.