The 2019 T1 season is almost upon us and so it’s time for tax return preparers to get updated again on all the current issues that may impact their clients’ tax returns. This webinar will get you in position to prepare your clients’ 2019 personal tax returns as well as review some of the more commonly experienced issues faced by tax preparers.
Join Adam Gur and Wilson Yu of Crowe Soberman LLP, for an overview of key changes from the past year that will impact personal tax return filing including the 2019 Federal and Provincial Budgets, CRA announcements and relevant court cases. Adam and Wilson will also discuss some other tax matters that are integral to personal taxation as well as administrative issues related to filing returns.
The webinar will include the following topics:
1) What’s New for the 2019 Tax Year?
2) 2019 Federal and Provincial Budget Highlights
3) CRA Administrative Matters
4) Additional T1 Matters to Consider
5) Personal Tax Planning Tips
6) Relevant Court Cases
This webinar will be of most interest to all professionals that provide services to individuals including accountants, tax professionals, lawyers and financial planners.
Professional Development Credits
Wolters Kluwer Canadian professional development programs are designed to meet the continuing education requirements of a variety of professional associations. These requirements do vary by association and region. Please consult your provincial association to ensure this webinar meets the continuing professional development standards for your specific situation.
This Webinar Includes:
- Thirty days to review the webinar recording
- Print version of the presentation slides
This webinar is presented by Adam Gur and Wilson Yu of Crowe Soberman LLP.
Adam Gur, CPA, CA
Adam Gur, CPA, CA is a Manager in the Audit & Advisory team at Crowe Soberman. He provides advisory services to his clients through tax and financial planning, and assurance services by overseeing audit and review engagements.
Adam is involved in all aspects of “full cycle accounting” and the preparation of audit reports that are in compliance with Canadian ASPE standards.
He mentors staff at various levels by providing continuous on the job training while overseeing their work relating to assurance engagements and tax compliance. He corresponds with regulatory agencies on client related issues and develops professional content for the firm.
In addition, he enjoys working in a fast paced and challenging work environment because it brings out the best in him by allowing him to grow both professionally and personally.
Wilson Yu, CPA, CA
Wilson Yu, CPA, CA is a Manager in the Tax Group at Crowe Soberman. Prior to joining the firm, he has accumulated over nine years of public accounting experience throughout his career.
Wilson has experience with estate tax and succession planning, developing tax efficient corporate reorganizations, working with legal counsel to implement and execute reorganization plans, sales planning, and preparing/reviewing tax returns for large private clients.
He is described as a dependable, detail-oriented, and hard-working individual who enjoys finding creative tax solutions to problems and providing value-added services to each client.
Wilson finds inspiration in the ever-changing tax environment where no one tax plan fits every client. He enjoys evaluating different options to provide the best recommendations based on each client’s needs. By putting himself in his clients’ shoes, Wilson can prioritize their needs and offer the best tax solution for them.
* Registrations for each Live Webinar are available until the start of each program. We reserve the right to substitute speakers in the case of instructor illness. In the event that we must cancel a Live Webinar, all registrants will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to either transfer their registration to another Live Webinar or a Recorded Webinar or obtain a refund. For all Live Webinars that are recorded, participants will have access to the recording for three months following the Live Webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the Live Webinar. Credit will not be awarded if an attendee does not answer all of the polling questions. Additional credit will not be awarded due to the instructor presenting over the allotted time.